Google’s free facilities seem endless. One which I’ve noticed become much more popular than last year (when Baz and I were maybe the only 2 people using it in the world =P) is the Google Calendar.
It’s an online log, very detailed and very customizable. You can organize your appointments, meetings and to-dos.
However, the best part is the ability to use a calendar with a group of people with SMS and Email notifications – Free. Yes, Free…
Here’s what to do
- If you have a google account (gmail) go to
If not, do one you backward person
- Click the settings tab on the top-right
- Under ‘General’ choose the language and country and stuff like that
- Under ‘Calendars’ you won’t really do anything till you sync a calendar with a group of other people
- Here’s the best part, under ‘Mobile Setup’ enter your country and mobile number (+9613134477 for example) and you will receive an sms verification code. Punch it into the page and you’re all set.
- You could also fiddle around with the experimental addons and features in the Labs section
Now, with your code verified, try to create an event and invite someone to it.
- On the top-left of the page, click on ‘Create an Event’
- Set the what, where and when and description.
- Then in options, choose ‘add a reminder’ and select from either email or SMS (SMS of course =P) and specify how early you’d like to be reminded of the event (10 minutes, a day, etc.)
- Here’s the nice part, to the right of the page, there is an ‘add guests’ box. Punch in your friend’s google account. Your friend, if they have setup their mobiles to Google Calendars, they will receive an SMS similar to: “Gino Raidy has invited you to the Basement on Saturday March 20th at 11:30PM”
Best of all, it’s FREE and FAST =D
For all you skeptics, Google doesn’t share your private information, so you won’t receive unwanted telemarketing calls or messages.
Long Live Google =D