By now, you definitely know what happened, but if you didn’t, he’s a short recap of what happened last Friday:
- Cheb Khaled was scared shitless of the Dahyeh bomb and decided to cancel his appearance at the “official tour” and the organizers didn’t bother inform the concertgoers till the actual event.
- The racist organizers who photo-chopped a pixelated photo of Psy into their poster done on Microsoft Paint weeks after he wasn’t included, got some random Asian dude thinking they can pass him off as Psy to a furious crowd.
- The organizers tried to pass themselves off as part of the Jounieh International Festival, which is otherwise doing a pretty decent job.
- The best part is, is that David Vendetta actually came. He wasn’t as cowardly as that hideous man with the horrible “c’est la vie” Sky Bar anthem. But, come on, Vendetta is like a fossil now…
What Concertgoers should do
This is unacceptable and it can’t go unpunished, even if it’s in Lebanon. For one, make sure everyone knows what happened.
For two, report it to the Consumer Protection Bureau in the Ministry of Economy and Trade. That tiny branch of government works, and I have chronicled several times how they responded to complaints and got people’s money back from crooked merchants, which is exactly what the organizers of this “festival” were. I also hope PSY will get wind of this and how they used his name and brand to make illegitimate gains and sue them.
How to submit a complaint if you actually paid money to go this fiasco:
- CALL 1739
- Submit an online complaint and track its progress
- Tell us what happens (who the organizers were, if the MoET responded, if you got your money back, etc.) I already called and complained and the operator was very kind and helpful and promised to get back to me while she ascertains the details. I’m sure if a lot of people call, they’ll do something about it.