Heartbeat is a non-profit non-governmental organization that seeks to treat children born with heart diseases. 1 in every 100 children born has a heart defect and often requires expensive and lengthy surgery and treatment. To help affected families cope with this heavy burden, Heartbeat relies solely on donations from people like you and me. I’ sure most of you have been to a Heartbeat fundraiser event in the past, and they’re doing it again THIS Friday June 19. Here’s the Facebook event link.
Roadster Diner has been a constant supporter and sponsor for this organization with a noble cause, and in the run-up to Friday’s concert, Roadster has launched the #RdHeartbeat Twibbon to further support this event.
A “Twibbon” is a small icon added to your Twitter profile, similar to the cancer/AIDS ribbons (hence the name tw-ibbon). This can of course be used for your Twitter account or your Facebook profile picture, or both! For every twibbon added, Roadster will donate 1,000 LBP to Heartbeat.
The tally is at 286 supporters and we gotta get that number higher guys… So, go here and log in via your facebook or twitter account, and add the #RdHeartbeat twibbon. You can place it wherever your want in the photo and alter its size (in the twibbon editing segment, there is a slider that reads “twibbon size”)
So, add that twibbon and buy that ticket and help with the fight against heart disease =)
For the Lazy People Who Don’t Read
- Go to http://twibbon.com/cause/RdHeartbeat/
- Click “Add to Facebook” or “Add to Twitter” (or both!)
- Log in or “authorize” Twibbon with your Twitter or FB account
- Place the icon wherever you want in the picture
- Resize it using the “resize” slider
- Go to facebook, click on the pic Twibbon just uploaded to your profile and click “make profile picture”
- Congrats, you just raised 1000 LBP for Heartbeat =)